Have you ever felt a strong unexplainable attraction or repulsion to a location you have never visited? Have you ever dreamt of being another person in a different time and place, yet it felt very real and had no fantasy elements to it? Or perhaps you have an unfounded phobia that can’t be traced to any events in this life?
When traditional therapy and western medicine are unable to bring about the answers to these questions, some people are turning to Past Life Regression.
Past Life Regression is the process of utilizing hypnosis to explore a past life. There is a growing interest in Past Life Regression Therapy, as evidenced by the exposure and popularity of authors such as Brian Weiss on shows like Oprah.
Aside from curiosity, why explore past lives at all? The poet and philosopher George Santayana stated “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” While most of us in general do not remember all or any of our past lives while in waking consciousness, we can access those past lives under hypnosis to assist us with our current life lessons.
You would think that most people who come for a past life regression want to verify that they were once the King of England or perhaps Marilyn Monroe. Honestly, no client has ever come to confirm a famous former lifetime (at least not to my knowledge!) In fact, I have yet to experience a client regress back to a lifetime as a famous person.
Of the clients I see, the most common reason that people come for a past life regression is to explore the root cause of an issue that can’t be traced to any event in the current lifetime. Many people also come for further understanding of relationships with key people in their lives, like family members or romantic partnerships.
In fact, past life regression has a number of valuable therapeutic purposes. Here is a list excerpted from the book “Past Life Regression: A Guide for Practitioners” by Mary Lee LaBay:
• Cycles of Behavior – Viewing the cycles and patterns of behavior recurring throughout many lifetimes grants greater perspective on our unique quirks, habits, struggles, fears, choices, hopes and dreams.
• Physical Healing – In many cases, the health issues we experience in this life have roots that extend into other lifetimes. For this reason, past life regression can provide information important to healing physical symptoms.
• Unexplained Pain – Unexplained pains and syndromes, chronic pain and illness, birthmarks, and other health-related phenomena frequently have their roots in other lifetimes.
• Phobias – A regression can also reveal the roots of phobias or other emotional blocks. Sometimes simply having knowledge of the relevant past life experience will be enough to shift the energy, allowing a breakthrough or healing to occur.
There are many other often unexpected benefits including:
• Overcoming the fear of death. If you experienced death and knew for certain that you lived on, would you still be afraid?
• Staying connected to our loved ones. Experiencing crossing over affirms the continuity of life. One of the hardest things about death is losing the connection and presence of those whom we love. One of my happiest sessions was with a client who had recently lost a child. To experience a former lifetime with this child’s soul and to know that they will meet again was so healing for this client. There is so much reassurance and relief to see our loved ones there on the other side and to know we have not truly lost them.
• Discovering your inner strength. All souls have lived at least a few (usually many) difficult lives. Sometimes we suffer. When you re-experience prior struggles and come to realize that you have survived so much already, current challenges become more bearable. You recognize that “this too shall pass.”
• Tapping into your inner wisdom. Even in our present life, the intensity of a lesson can fade with time. Revisiting past life events can awaken hard-earned yet buried wisdom. As you connect with and integrate all the pieces of your whole self, you can reclaim greater energy and awareness.
• Accessing skills and abilities from former lives. You have transferable skills from your past life. You do not lose the talents developed or awareness gained from former lives. Sometimes these talents can be active at an early age, in which case society might label this child a prodigy or a genius. Other times these skills might lie dormant and can be triggered through reliving past life experiences.
WHAT IS A PAST LIFE REGRESSION SESSION LIKE?
In a typical past life regression session, you will be guided into a deep relaxation. The practitioner will assist you in mentally relaxing your whole body and then focusing inward. There are many methods and imagery for getting you back to the past life, such as stairs or a hallway or tunnel. In general, you are given a suggestion to go back to a lifetime which is relevant to the issues you are currently facing.
You then visit a few key experiences in that lifetime, as well as the death scene. After the death scene you can review what was gained from that lifetime and how it can assist you in your current life. After the session you will usually remember everything. Some practitioners also provide recordings of your session for later review.
OTHER WAYS TO RECALL YOUR PAST LIVES
If you don’t have access to a past life regressionist in your area, you can work on uncovering your past lives by yourself with these methods:
• Self-hypnosis – You can do record yourself reading a past life regression script and play it back
• Dreaming – You can direct your consciousness to deliver you a past life memory through your dream. Everything you’ve ever experienced is stored in your consciousness. Your conscious mind which focuses on the outer world blocks most of this information while you’re awake so that you can focus and function in your everyday life. At night the filter from your conscious mind rests while you sleep and you are more receptive to the messages of your subconscious and superconscious minds. Simply hold the intention to remember a past life as you fall asleep. Leave a notepad and a pen next to your bed and record your dream first thing in the morning.
• Meditation – Meditation naturally taps into your whole self and facilitates greater awareness. Meditating on a regular basis seems to stimulate spontaneous past life recall in some people.
Tianna Roser is a Certified Clinical Hypnotist and Reiki Master Teacher in Austin, Texas. She received her Hypnosis and Past Life Regression training with HCH Institute, a California state-approved school for Hypnotherapy and is also certified by the National Guild of Hypnotists. Tianna also completed training for Life Between Lives Regression with the Michael Newton Institute for Spiritual Regression. For more information, visithttp://www.awakeningtransformation.com or call 512-820-7922 for a free phone consultation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tianna_Roser